Leonardo da Vinci, Firence
We care about Slovene culture and our legacy, and we want the youth to know about the people who contributed to it and to the development of modern technology.
For this reason we also organise memorable events for primary school, high-school and university students.
We encourage team work as well as competitiveness as the students travel through the thought-provoking life of the genius under the name Leonardo da Vinci.
- 9:00 Arrival and welcoming the students at the Castle, a guided tour of the Castle
- 10:00 A few words on da Vinci, his life and an explanation or an analysis of some of his most famous works (Mona Lisa, Last Supper, Annunciation, etc.) A practical test of reverse writing, a demonstration and assembly of a self-supportive bridge models and drawing an imaginary animal fro the youngest ones.
- 12:00 Lunch – students should themselves prepare a Medieval lunch in a cauldron, make fire and prepare the ingredients, of course under the supervision of a professional cook.
- 13:00 Formation of groups of cca 10-12 students and competition: students are told different sayings and proverbs which hide the signs of where in the Castle the da Vinci code is hidden, a map which will lead them to all Leonardo’s secrets – they will face streams which they will have to cross by building a bridge, fight a “monster” with wooden bows, solve mental and practical problems, build their own unconquerable wall and finally change into the characters of The Last Supper, prepare the table and pose in the positions of the characters from the painting for a photo.
- 15:00 Anouncement of results and award ceremony.